Vision Statement of Volusia County Schools
Through the individual commitment of all, our students will graduate with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to be successful contributors to our democratic society.
Spruce Creek High School Mission Statement
The faculty, staff, students, parents and community of Spruce Creek High School strongly believe that
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancement of the school’s mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, emotional, intellectual, cultural and social needs.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, limited English proficiency, talented and gifted, etc. ) require special services and resources.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff enhance a student’s self-esteem.
(Amended and approved 10/07/04)